CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
The Centre of Excellence provide a platform to allow the residents to explore the different forms of art and sports such as batik painting, soccer, silat and music and delve deeper into their areas of interest and maximize their potential.
The Centre of Excellence comprises of 4 different ‘Academies’ which are as follows:
1) The Soccer Academy coached by Mr Aide Iskandar
2) The Batik Academy guided by Mr Sarkasi Said
3) The Silat Academy coached by instructors from Grasio Association (Singapore)
4) The Music Academy tutored by Mr Moliano Rasmadi
Each child is encouraged to participate in at least one academy and they will be mentored by the respective instructors in the respective academy. This ensures that our children receive the best guidance for them to learn and excel in the chosen field.
- Participation in PALS Society Futsal Competition in August 2016 (1 ladies team in Open category)
- Participation in BeritaHarian National Futsal Championships in December 2016 (2 mens team in under 13 and under 18category and 1 ladies team in open category)
- Residents invited to catch the Sultan of Selangor Cup on 6th May 2017
- Featured resident’s batik painting on Hari Raya gift bags
- Featured resident’s batik painting on batik clothed fans that were sold during Jamiyah Maulid event on 8 April 2017
- Participation of residents in Silat Academy for National Day Performance 2017
- Participation of residents in academy for Khatib Unplugged event organized month by MYPART organization.
GUIDED STUDY SESSIONS
The Guided Study Sessions conducted in Jamiyah Children Home (JCH) aims to help the Primary and Secondary school-going residents keep up in school by providing them with extra academic support in their English and Maths subjects through homework guidance and topical lessons.
The classes are conducted weekly during the following days and timings:
- Mondays: 2000hr to 2130hr
- Wednesdays: 2000hr to 2130hr
In order to facilitate the best learning in each class, the class size is kept small on average of 3 residents with a maximum capacity of not more than 5 residents per class. The residents will be split into classes based on their respective streams and subject combination in their schools to ensure effective learning. This is also done to ensure that the residents are able to get more personalised attention and guidance from the tutors.